WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN WE RELEASE THE DETAILS FOR 2019?Get in touch, provide your details and we will let you know once we have finalised the information for India 2019! Then you might enjoy a scroll of last years information to get a taste of what's to come!
Are you ready for a life-changing journey to the motherland of yoga?
Join Ray of Light Yoga from February 21st to March 7th 2019 to immerse yourself in the heart of yoga
Picture this: Waking up at dawn to watch the sun rise over majestic North Indian landscapes as you move through your morning practice. Venturing to secret, sacred temples that contain a palpable sense of loving energy. Nourishing your body with delicious, indulgent and culturally rich meals.
Delving into a deeper understanding of yoga’s rich philosophies with genuine and experienced teachers. Learning how to weave these philosophies into your daily life to create a deeper sense of meaning and purpose. Making life-long connections with like-minded friends and emerging refreshed, renewed and a little more evolved.
Have you always wanted to travel to India but felt nervous about venturing into a sometimes confronting, chaotic and unfamiliar place alone?
Here is your opportunity to join experienced and genuine guides who will gently hold your hand through the journey of a lifetime.
You’re invited – new yogis, experienced yogis and curious adventurers – to join in on a fun and insightful spiritual pilgrimage.
A spiritual immersion without the stress.
Imagine a culturally rich, diverse and spiritually enlightening adventure to the home of yoga without the stress. A journey that allows you to focus on enjoying yourself and soaking up all of the historical and spiritual delights in this incredible part of the world.
You will be taken care of from the moment you book in, with assistance booking flights, organising your visa and making your trip smooth and stress free.
- Experienced guides facilitating their 5thgroup journey to India
- Assistance from the moment you book in until the time you arrive safely home (including help with flights + visas)
- A look at some of India’s most eclectic and colourful villages and cities
- Sacred temple visits
- Secret shopping adventures to find the best, most authentic treasures
- Boutique, hand picked accommodation
- Deeply delving into India’s rich and spiritual culture
- One week at world famous International Yoga Festival
- Making new friends with like minded people
- A deeper understanding of the history and roots of yoga
Trust your heart’s deepest longing, friend. You’re ready for this.
What will it look like?
We begin in delightful Dehli and finish with a weeklong celebration at one of the world’s most vibrant yoga festivals.
DELHI ~ 21 – 23 February
You will be met at the airport and driven to your hotel were we will stay for 2 nights.
– Delicious North Indian cuisine
– Spicetour of old Dehli in cycle and rickshaw
– A visit to Akshardham temple and ashram. Watch the temple auditorium turn into an incredible water show.
Delhi is India’s capital – a vibrant and cultural city with an eclectic and diverse feel. It provides insight into the juxtaposition that is India – from the cosmopolitan culture to the more traditional and less fortunate aspects of life in Incredible India.
AGRA ~ 23-24 February
We’ll drive to and enjoy a luxurious visit to the divine Taj Mahal, including a stay at an enchanted hotel and dawn and dusk views of the magnificent temple.
- Walking tour of the Mughal architecture including the eleven steps, the Mehtab Bagh that lies north of the Taj Mahal
- Humayun’s Mosque
- Walking through the Kachlpura village where you will be welcomed by the villagers and learn about their lives
- Live show on the love story of King Shahajan and Queen Mumtaz
The Taj Mahal is one of the world’s great wonders. Constructed from ivory- white marble on the south bank of the Yamuna River, it was commissioned in 1632 to house the tomb of an emperor and his favourite wife.
ALLAHABAD (PRAYAG) ~ 24-26 February
You will explore the metropolitan city of Allahabad (also known as Prayag) and all it has to offer during the exciting, sacred gathering of Kumbh Mela – the largest religious gathering in the world.
- Experiencing the sacred Kumbh Mela – attracting millions of Indians
- Visits to the local markets
- Early morning visit to Triveni Sangam – a holy place for Hindus where three sacred rivers meet
- Optional visits to sacred temples
Visiting this part of the world during Kumbh Mela will provide an exciting insight into Indian culture and traditions. Kumbh Mela is known as the most abundant, peaceful religious gathering on earth – where people of different classes participate without discrimination.
VARANASI ~ 26-28 February
We drive from Allahabad to Varanasi.
- Richshaw rides to local temples
- Infamous evening aarti – a sacred ritual attracting thousands of devoted Indians held on the river Ganges
- Tours of the ancient streets and spice markets
Varanasi is the spiritual capital of India as well as one of the most colourful and fascinating cities on earth. The ghats of the river Ganges are a place of worship for Hindus. This is likely to be one of the most culturally and spiritually rich experiences of your life.
RISHIKESH ~ 1 – 7 March
We fly from Varanasi to Dehradun then drive to Rishikesh for the INTERNATIONAL YOGA FESTIVAL.
- One fully day of the world’s biggest and most vibrant yoga festivals
- Any activities offered around the festival – from yoga to mantra, meditation and more with world renowned teachers
- Visit to sacred meditation locations
- Rituals, Pujas and Kirtan on the river Ganga
Rishikesh is one of the world’s most popular places to practice yoga. Attracting guests from near and far, the city that sits aside the river Ganga promises one of a vibrant, culturally insightful and fun experience.
Ray of Light Yoga’s Rachel Nokes and Rebecca Blackman are passionate and experienced yogis who aspire to share with you the rich roots of the yoga traditions. They love India and want to share this love with you!
The tour group consists of no more than 10 yogis, keeping the group intimate so you can delve deeply into the history of the Indian culture and have all of your questions answered. more information about Ray of Light yoga.
Tour Cost includes:
- Hotel accommodation
- Daily hotel breakfast
- Domestic flight
- Train Tickets
- AC transport throughout the trip
- Local English speaking guide in Delhi, Agra and Varanasi
- Heritage walk / Live show in Agra
- Rickshaw ride for spice tour
- Akshardham temple tour in Delhi
- Early morning boat ride in Varanasi
- Evening Aarti ceremony in Varanasi at Ganges
- Rickshaw ride for temple tour in Varanasi
- All local city tours
- All applicable government taxes
Cost does not include:
- International airfares
- 1-2 days at the International Yoga festival approx. 70 USD per day
- Indian tourist e-visa that is good for 30 days of travel $80AUD
- Holiday insurance to be arranged on booking your space
- Additional meals (not mentioned above) approx $5-$10 AUD a meal
- Additional monuments entrance fees / camera fee/
- Any personal natured expenses such as telephone calls, laundry, tips etc.
- Arrange holiday insurance
- Arrange your e visa – 2 months prior to travel https://www.indianvisasonline.org.in
- Consult your GP for any vaccinations you may need
Flights – arrivals and departures
The retreat commences at 9am on 21stFebruary if you arrive on the 21styou’ll be collected from Dehli airport and transferred to our hotel. You are welcome to arrange additional nights are per your requirement at an additional fee for $190 per night. Just let us know on booking.
The retreat closes on the 7thMarch – we recommend not flying out until the evening of the 7thas we need to transfer by train from Rishikesh to Delhi. Transfer to a hotel or for your ongoing flight will be arranged.
Cost: $3995 if paid in full by
Full cost $4225
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR INDIA RETREATSSome of our past retreat participants share their experiences about journeying to India with Ray of Light
SEE THE PHOTOS OF PREVIOUS RETREATS