WANT TO BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN WE RELEASE THE DETAILS FOR 2019?Get in touch, provide your details and we will let you know once we have finalised the information for India 2019! Then you might enjoy a scroll of last years information to get a taste of what's to come!
India Inquiry Form
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR INDIA RETREATSome of our past retreat participants share their experiences about journeying to India with Ray of Light
SEE THE PHOTOS OF PREVIOUS RETREATS
Northen India – Trip Highlights
- Four nights in a relaxed ashram on the Ganges. See and be apart of the ancient Vedic rituals that happen daily as the sun rises.
- Both self and group practices with spectacular views from rooftops at sunrise or sunset.
- Rachel will share her shopping gems with you, and assist you to purchase culturally appropriate clothing and gifts
- The delicious Indian thali is legendary and consists of a large plate with approximately seven small dishes. Served with freshly made chapatti or naan bread and chutney – you will definitely not go hungry.
8th – 11th January:
Arrival at Chennai airport on Monday 8th January (or a recommended hotel if you decide to arrive a day early). You will be collected by private bus and driven to Vellore a temple town approximately 3 hours where you will stay for the first 4 nights. You will be required to wear culturally appropriate traditional Indian dress which we will assist you in purchasing. This is the perfect opportunity to experience wearing a Sari.
- Temple visits
- Attending twice daily Puja (vedic ceremonies in the temple)
- Tour of the projects created by Amma including a school, recycling and reforestation projects.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Hinduism and the rituals that go along with Bhakti Yoga.
- Yoga sessions on the rooftop both led and self practice.
- All meals and simple ashram style accommodation are provided
12th January -14th January:
We depart the ashram and head off to Pondicherry (one of Rach’s favourite places in South India). It is a historical town that was once owned by the French with great shopping, cafes and a promenade to wonder along.
- Visiting Auroville a spiritual community
- Café culture
- Wondering the streets of the “White city”
Drive to Chennai where we spend one night. Rachel has spent lots of time in Chennai and will show you her most favourite haunts. Including a fantastic temple, shops to purchase deities and sacred text.
16th January – 20th January:
We fly out to Kochin and drive up to Munnar the beautiful tea hills in Kerala. The fresh mountain air is a relief after the intensity of the city. It’s truly a tranquil time, amazing home cooked food and very comfortable accommodation making this part of the trip soothing on the senses.
- Regular classes in the beautiful yoga shala
- Trekking in the tea hills
- Time to rest and reflect
- Visit the tea museum and purchase some gifts of home
20th January – 23rd January:
We drive down from the mountains to Forte Kochin a historic town with an old harbour, a great tourist spot for shopping and chilling out in cafes. This will ground us before we head onward home or beyond.
- Relaxing by the pool
- Exploring cafes and restaurants
- Transport and transfers in India
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Airport hotel transfers (If arriving on 16/01 and departing31/01)
- Private air conditioned bus for travel
- 1 x internal flight (Chennai to Kochin)
- Twin share accommodation
- Group yoga classes
- A sunrise trek in the tea hills
- Visit to the tea museum
- Travel to India – arrival at Chennai airport/ depart from Kochi airport
- Travel insurance
- Tourist visa (approx. $105)
- Tips (approx. $150)
- Total recommended spending money $500 AUD
- Taxi’s for extra shopping trips and outside of itinerary excursion
- Extra puja’s and flower offerings (approx. $50)
- I extra night in Chennai on 7th January if you’d like to take time to acclimatize (highly recommended and can be organized by Rachel)
- Extra travel and tours for India can be arranged via Sanjay – email@example.com
- Flights can be arranged by Kate Scott Riche Travel firstname.lastname@example.org