MAKE 2018 YOUR YEAR FOR TRANSFORMATIONDive deep into the ancient teachings of Yoga and experience the gifts of Mother India
Picture this: You start your 2018 in a temple town getting up at sunrise. It’s balmy, warm weather. You roll your mat out on the roof top and salute the sun as the dawn breaks. you walk to a local cafe and sip chai between puja’s (ancient sacred rituals) in the vibrant towns with all of the life, hustle and bustle passing you by.
You climb a mountain in the vibrant green patch work hills of Kerala, breathing in the fresh mountain air, a beautiful contrast to the noise and busyness of the the city experience. You have time to meditate, reflect and rest.
Too busy to arrange your dream trip?
Rachel is an experienced guide and will take care of all the travel details once you arrive in India, all meals are included on this transformative trip, all travel in India including an internal flight are managed by us.
We’ve taken the effort out of the trip for you! We hope you will join us on this trip of a life time to start your 2018 like never before?
NEW – We have arranged a payment plan option for you. Just contact us on the form below for 5 easy payments making your 2018 dreams come true !
- Four nights in a relaxed ashram. See ancient Vedic rituals that Westerners don’t usually get to experience. Visit the local school and other programs created by this community including waste management and reforesting.
- Both self and group practices with spectacular views from rooftops at sunrise or sunset.
- Rachel will share her shopping gems with you, and assist you to purchase culturally appropriate clothing and gifts.
- Two nights in Pondicherry where we can enjoy some French inspired cafes and boutiques and a visit to Auroville a spiritual community created by Shri Aurobino and his student The Mother.
- The delicious South Indian thali is legendary and consists of a large plate with approximately seven small dishes. Served with freshly made chapatti or naan bread and chutney – you will definitely not go hungry.
- Kerala’s tea hills make up a beautiful patchwork landscape. A dawn trek to see an incredible sunrise from the top of a mountain.
- Finally, end your journey with a 2 night stay in historical town Forte Kochin. Ease yourself back into life gently, before we start our journey home.
8th – 11th January:
Arrival at Chennai airport on Monday 8th January (or a recommended hotel if you decide to arrive a day early). You will be collected by private bus and driven to Vellore a temple town approximately 3 hours where you will stay for the first 4 nights. You will be required to wear culturally appropriate traditional Indian dress which we will assist you in purchasing. This is the perfect opportunity to experience wearing a Sari.
- Temple visits
- Attending twice daily Puja (vedic ceremonies in the temple)
- Tour of the projects created by Amma including a school, recycling and reforestation projects.
- Gain a deeper understanding of Hinduism and the rituals that go along with Bhakti Yoga.
- Yoga sessions on the rooftop both led and self practice.
- All meals and simple ashram style accommodation are provided
12th January -14th January:
We depart the ashram and head off to Pondicherry (one of Rach’s favourite places in South India). It is a historical town that was once owned by the French with great shopping, cafes and a promenade to wonder along.
- Visiting Auroville a spiritual community
- Café culture
- Wondering the streets of the “White city”
Drive to Chennai where we spend one night. Rachel has spent lots of time in Chennai and will show you her most favourite haunts. Including a fantastic temple, shops to purchase deities and sacred text.
16th January – 20th January:
We fly out to Kochin and drive up to Munnar the beautiful tea hills in Kerala. The fresh mountain air is a relief after the intensity of the city. It’s truly a tranquil time, amazing home cooked food and very comfortable accommodation making this part of the trip soothing on the senses.
- Regular classes in the beautiful yoga shala
- Trekking in the tea hills
- Time to rest and reflect
- Visit the tea museum and purchase some gifts of home
20th January – 23rd January:
We drive down from the mountains to Forte Kochin a historic town with an old harbour, a great tourist spot for shopping and chilling out in cafes. This will ground us before we head onward home or beyond.
- Relaxing by the pool
- Exploring cafes and restaurants
- Transport and transfers in India
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Airport hotel transfers (If arriving on 16/01 and departing31/01)
- Private air conditioned bus for travel
- 1 x internal flight (Chennai to Kochin)
- Twin share accommodation
- Group yoga classes
- A sunrise trek in the tea hills
- Visit to the tea museum
- Travel to India – arrival at Chennai airport/ depart from Kochi airport
- Travel insurance
- Tourist visa (approx. $105)
- Tips (approx. $150)
- Total recommended spending money $500 AUD
- Taxi’s for extra shopping trips and outside of itinerary excursion
- Extra puja’s and flower offerings (approx. $50)
- I extra night in Chennai on 7th January if you’d like to take time to acclimatize (highly recommended and can be organized by Rachel)
- Extra travel and tours for India can be arranged via Sanjay – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flights can be arranged by Kate Scott Riche Travel email@example.com
WHAT PEOPLE SAY ABOUT OUR INDIA RETREATSome of our past retreat participants share their experiences about journeying to India with Ray of Light
India Inquiry Form
Dates: Monday 8th January – Monday 22nd January 2018
Location: Various locations throughout Southern India
Please contact Rachel for an information package.If you have any questions or just for an informal chat.
A $500 deposit is required to secure your place. You can email Rachel using the above email inquiry form for further details and to arrange payment.